How to introduce luxury codes into the personalized visual identity of an IoT start-up, while keeping the technology codes?
We were requested for the visual identity and the UX / UI design of the mobile applications of the start-up Mycoga. The challenge was double :
- reduce the costs of UX / UI design and audiovisual production by 50 %, with the preliminary definition of a graphic chart and a visual identity;
- introduce the codes of the luxury into the very standardized universe of the connected objects, while keeping the technological visual codes. A product reassuring, protecting the galaxy of people or the goods which you care of. It was necessary to build a disruptive but clear visual identity, for an object with strong technicality and with numerous functions.
To create a visual identity and an effective UX / UI design, it was necessary to aim first of all at the simplicity, at the coherence, the meaning, at the purity and the difference. Our approach was to proceed step by step:
- A precise and meticulous study of the company before passing in the stage of creation of pure identity, its marketing strategy: the motivations and the sought image.
- definition of the graphic elements: logo, graphic chart, web supports and printed communication mediums. The visual identity was established, by taking into account from the beginning constraints due to the framework of the design of the mobile applications.
- Users study on the mobile application interface. The design workshops for interface allows to validate concretely the chain of screens with the users and the project team before starting the developments. Reconcile the requests of the users and the technical requirements related to the design of interface requires a rigorous approach.
- Construction with Mycoga of an interactive model just like the future application. The screens of the interface are thus developed in a iterative way with the team and the users with various workshops. These models allow to validate concretely the kinematics of the application or the Web site.
- The user UX test consisting in interviewing and observing the behavior of the targeted users to understand their real objectives and raise the difficulties of use. 90 % of the ergonomics problems are identified with this stage and it allows to increase the transformation rate in a sustainable way.
- Finalization of the graphic design. This stage allows to finalize the appearance of the interface by dressing graphically the templates of the model. The objective is to contribute to value the brand identity through an attractive, pleasant interface, faithful to the values of the company.
- Production of a presentation video, personalized and different from standardized design motions produced usually for start-ups.